Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Pre Reading

I can’t know for sure what I would do if I had a sibling with Aspergers, as I don’t even have a sibling to begin with. I think I would struggle with my sibling getting more attention, even though I don’t like getting attention myself. That probably doesn’t make sense, but that’s how my emotions work.
I don’t think I be able to understand my sibling. I tend to keep emotions and feelings private, and am unable to understand the reasons behind attention-seeking. I would probably end up getting frustrated at this lack of understanding, then getting angry at my sibling. I would then get angry at myself for getting angry at my sibling.
I think that it would be extremely difficult emotionally to live with a sibling who has Aspergers Syndrome, but I also think that there would be some positive things about it as well.
I think that I would learn how to be more understanding to other people, not just my sibling. I would have more practice at thinking before I speak. I would need to learn to be more patient and things like that.
I would become bolder, because I would have to defend my sibling from the teasing of others, and defend myself from the teasing that other people would give me about my sibling. I think, after a while of that, I wouldn’t care about what other people thought, which is something I always though that I need to be better at.
I also think that I would learn to sacrifice things that I wanted for things that someone else wanted, even with something as simple as picking a movie to watch.

All in all, I think there would be both pros and cons to having to live with an Aspergers sibling. I think that I would learn a lot, but that there are also a good many things that I would have to deal with. 

1 comment:

  1. Great reflections! It would definitely not be easy, but it would be a learning experience and would make all individuals stronger for their experience. Grade: 25/25

    ReplyDelete